Our Mysore Tours are a road trip taken from Bangalore, to the historical town 150 km away. Along the way you see villages, local food, monuments, temples, bird sanctuaries, silk worm farms, agriculture. And in Mysore you have more temples, palaces, markets, and lunch and dinner hospitality by local hosts (subject to availability of course).
While we recommend overnight tours, we are also able to show you Mysore in a day if a day is all you have.
Availability: all days, but limited.
Timings: Overnight trip (start day 1 8 am, end day 2 6 pm), or day trip (start 6 am end 10 pm, which is a condensed version of the two day program, with a few items dropped)
SAMPLE PROGRAM (overnight)
- 9:00 am – leave for Mysore from your hotel
- 10:30 am – Visit the Ramanagara silk cocoon market
- Traditional South Indian/Karnataka coffee and a snack at the popular “Kamat Lokaruchi” restaurant
- Continue on Mysore road – drive through toy town Channapatna where traditional Indian toys are made; through Mandya – where sugarcane fields feed the sugar industry.
- Visit a traditional Indian Village and see people’s lifestyles.
- LUNCH AT A LITTLE RESTAURANT BY THE RIVER
- Tour historic town of “Shrirangapattana”, 20 Km outside Mysore. The entire town is enclosed by the river Kaveri to form an island. Visit the revered “Sri Ranganthaswamy” temple built in the 9th. century and a major pilgrimage site in South India along with other historical monuments
- Visit “Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary” on the bank of the river Kaveri. Take a boat tour and see marsh crocodiles, otters and Indian water birds.
- Reach Mysore and Check into hotel. Freshen up and then perhaps drive up Chamundi hill for a twilight view of the city. Visit the temple surroundings.
- Dinner at he home of erstwhile royal family of Mysore
- Wake up at a relaxed time and do breakfast at the hotel
- Visit the Mysore Flower and Bangle Market
- visit the main Mysore Palace with a special visit to parts that are not open to general public.
- Depart for Jaganmpohan Palace: Jayachamarajendra Art Gallery
- Lunch and visit to farm on the outskirts
- Get on the Bangalore highway
- Take a 1 hour detour towards the Tibetan village of Kushalnagar and visit a monastery guided by a monk (about 4pm you are here)
- Ramana will now find his way back to Mysore while you with driver will proceed to Bangalore
- Reach bangalore in time for Dinner
HOW TO BOOK
Write to email@example.com with your preferred tour date, number of guests and their names and ages, local bangalore address, phone number. Please wait to hear back from us with regards to availability. You may pay in cash at the end of the tour.