Kochi is a city in southwest India’s coastal Kerala state. It has been a port since 1341, when a flood carved out its harbor and opened it to Arab, Chinese and European merchants. Sites reflecting those influences include Fort Kochi, a settlement with tiled colonial bungalows and diverse houses of worship. Its use of cantilevered Chinese fishing nets dates to the 13th century. Operational: All days Availability: limited Tour Duration: 8 hours
- 1030 am – Local Breakfast followed by South Indian filter coffee and visit the Maritime Heritage Museum
Hop on the ferry and go to Pepper House Art Gallery & Cafe for a quick refreshment and an introduction that sets the tone to Fort Kochi .
- At Pepper House, get a glimpse of the art gallery, library and also stop by their charming store that houses some of the best of young Indian designers & sustainable lifestyle brands & clothing like Tea Trunk, Kulture Shop, Sujit Jeevan and more.
- Visit Jew Town, take a heritage walk through the fabled spice markets, antique shops and Crafters antique shop which houses the largest boat on Bazaar Road
- Visit Idiom book house ( the best collection of books, a world in itself).
- Visit the Jewish synagogue and get a sense of its beauty & architecture but unfortunately the synagogue (closed every Friday & Saturday.)
- Visit the Dutch Palace which is now an archaeological museum and also in the close vicinity is the Dutch cemetery.
- Visit Povvar, once a palace and now a beautiful heritage hotel.
- Lunch in a local restaurant and coffee in a local cafe
Walk through the lanes that feature art on walls and installations
- Stop by to see the Chinese fishing nets ( a very tourist thing), visit to St Francis Xavier church where Vasco Da Gama was buried
- Visit the oldest hotel in Fort Kochi Neemrana,it is a 17th centuary colonial Portuguese mansion
- feed pigeons at the Jain Temple in Mattancherry home to the Gujarati Jain community ( open to visitors from 11 am until 12.30 only)
Watch a martial arts performance 4 pm
- Traditional Kathakali dance performance synonymous with Kerala 6 pm
ADULT FEES* (per head) for full day tour
- 15000 Rupees for a solo traveler
- 7500 if you are two
- 6500 if you are three
- 6000 if you are four
- 5500 if you are five or more
* kids 0 to 10 years old free; kids 10+ years old: adult prices
* Accompanying officials including bodyguards, are charged the same way as tourists.
- This cost covers GUIDE, CAR, DRIVER, BREAKFAST, COFFEE, LUNCH, ENTRIES AT MONUMENTS AND SHOWS INCLUDED IN PROGRAM, AND REFRESHMENT BASKET IN THE CAR.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- 14.5% Service and Swaccha Bharat Tax
- Spending money & extras: In case you choose to buy things along the way, you are encouraged to spend your own cash so that reimbursements aren’t invoiced to you with added taxes. Otherwise please let us know in advance if you would like us to pick up any bills along the way and invoice them to you in the end.
Trouble booking from here? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred tour date, number of guests and their names and ages, local bangalore address, phone number. Please wait to hear back from us with regards to availability. You may pay in cash at the end of the tour.
POLICIES, DISCLAIMERS AND GENERAL ADVICE
PAYMENT: You may pay in cash at the end of the tour.
CANCELLATION: Once a confirmation is received, cancellation attracts a penalty of 50% if you cancel 48 to 72 hours before the tour. 80% if you cancel 24-48 hours before the tour, and 100% if you cancel within 24 hours of the tour.
All items are indicative. In case required our guides will improvise to find appropriate replacements based on our own judgement.
There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
DRESS CODE: Full length pants or skirt, shirt with sleeves. A moderate amount of walking is involved Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
FOOD: Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required. Please advise if you have any allergies or food preferences.