Our Countryside tours take you for a long drive out of the madness and noise of the city, into the calm, organic outskirts. An ancient temple, a privately hosted high tea in the most elegant farmhouse by a family, a walk through a village and wine tasting and a meal in a magical vineyard are the highlights.
The long drive is the down side, but those who have done this tour came back to us saying it was truly worth it!
Availability: all days, but limited.
Timings: 10 pm – 10 pm (approx)
- Long drive out of the city into the rural outskirts
- 10:30 am high tea tea/coffee on the verandahs of an elegant, sophisticated, green farmhouse belonging to a family that lives on the outskirts of Bangalore, preserving the natural surroundings. Conversations with the host about life on the countryside.
- Noon: Walk through a rural village and a farm, hosted by a family that lives the organic life of the village, walk through the fields and learn a little about the area
- Visit a unique, hidden treasure on the outskirts where traditional hand weaver artisans create the most exquisite silk scarves, saris… . anti-Industrialization.
- Explore the magical temples of the area, and some history.
- Wine -tasting and late lunch or call it early dinner, (4pm ish) in the countryside at a magical Indian vineyard that supplies grapes to the finest Indian wines, in the company of the most unique, knowledgable, humorous host Darby Raju.
- Drive back into the city
ADULT PRICING* age 15 and above, in INR
- 1 guest: 15000
- 2 guests: 7500 each
- 3 guests: 7000 each
- 4 guests: 6500 each
- 5 guests or more: 6000 each
* kids 0 to 5 free; kids 6 to 14: 2000INR each
* Accompanying officials including bodyguards, are charged the same way as tourists.
What’s included: This cost covers GUIDANCE BY A BLUEFOOT CULTURE AMBASSADOR and REFRESHMENT BASKET in the car.
What’s not included: CAR, HIGH TEA, LUNCH AT VINEYARD, PERSONAL EXPENSES
- Car: Bring your own, or pay 6000 extra overall + 14.5% TAX. If we are using our car, our pick up for guests within 3km from MG road is free. Beyond that is chargeable at 13Rs per km + 150 per hour extra driving.
- High tea: 750 per head
- Wine tasting and Lunch / dinner at vineyard: 2500 per head.
- In case you choose to buy things along the way, you are encouraged to spend your own cash so that reimbursements aren’t invoiced to you with added taxes. Otherwise please let us know in advance if you would like us to pick up any bills along the way and invoice them to you in the end.
DISCLAIMERS AND GENERAL ADVICE
PAYMENT: You may pay in cash at the end of the tour.
CANCELLATION: Once a confirmation is received, cancellation attracts a penalty of 50% if you cancel 48 to 72 hours before the tour. 80% if you cancel 24-48 hours before the tour, and 100% if you cancel within 24 hours of the tour.
All items are indicative. In case required our guides will improvise to find appropriate replacements based on our own judgement.
There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
DRESS CODE: Full length pants or skirt, shirt with sleeves. A moderate amount of walking is involved Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
FOOD: Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required. Please advise if you have any allergies or food preferences.
Bangalore – F&B Tour – Sample Program
- Breakfast at Bangalore’s oldest local Indian Tiffin house or a Snake Temple
- Coffee at a colonial cafe
- A visit to the farmer’s wholesale organic and fresh market, and the spices & flowers market.
- Break for Chaat (Indian fast food) tasting at Queen’s restaurant – Bangalore’s most famous
- Walk through meat market and bylanes where street food is being cooked and relished by locals (see but don’t eat)
- Tour the sikh temple kitchen
- Lunch on a Banana leaf at a South Indian restaurant
- Betel leaf palate cleansing digestive – Paan
- End with Coffee at a high end cafe that has become iconic of modern, fast moving Bangalore.
- Fill the gaps with mixed culture tour elements